Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Venting Online

Arghhhh!  It's been one of those days (actually two days) when everything seems to go badly.  I've been having issues with my cat, issues with unexpected bills, issues with organization.  It feels like the house is a mess, and we are still trying to figure out how we will organize our paperwork so that we can actually find things.  (When I lived by myself, I was incredibly organized with accordion filing systems, but it seems my husband likes to use the kitchen table...)

I kept wanting to go on my blog to just vent my frustrations.  How come our security system is so finicky?  How come I can't find anything?  How come I'm not working, which would at least cover some of these unexpected bills?  How come this is so frustrating?!

This isn't the first time I've been tempted to rant online about something that bugs me.  Why is it that I feel like pouring my emotions out into cyberspace will solve the problem?  Sometimes it's helpful to vent to a friend (or spouse), but more often than not, it just inflames the situation.  People offer their own frustrating stories, and then we are even more angry!  Not only that, but at what point does personal venting turn into finger pointing and even slander?  I certainly don't want to write a post complaining about our security system, only to find the company suing me for libel.  To sum it up:  Is venting online helpful or harmful?  What do you think?

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, 
slow to speak and slow to become angry.
James 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment