Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top 10 Book Covers

Today I am once again linking up with The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is Top Ten Favourite Covers of Books I've Read.  This one is a bit difficult for me as I'm not very visual and have a hard time remembering many of the book covers; however, I'll give it a go.

In general, I'm a fan of simple covers; I favour covers with bright covers, a title, and maybe a small illustration.  Anything cheesy or with a Harlequin-feel will pretty much guarantee that I won't pick it up.  I don't want to know too much about the story, and I prefer not to see any faces so I can imagine the characters on my own.  Without further ado, here are my choices:
































When I was working at a book store, we got loads of requests for this book based only on the cover illlustration.  I still remember people walking in saying things like, "I'm looking for this book.  It's orange... with a dog maybe?":

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these but I love the cover for the Time Traveler's Wife! Thanks for sharing.

    http://gobsandgobsofbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-favorite-book-covers-of-books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! The Time Traveler's Wife is a fantastic book in addition to having a great cover. It will probably make an appearance on many of my TTT lists. :-)

      Delete