A while ago, I saw a blog challenge on reading through the TBR books that you own during March. I never linked up with it, but have been trying on my own to read some of the books that have been sitting on my shelf for eons. The first two on my list are from there, so hopefully I can finish them in the tail end of March!
1. From Russia with Love by Ian Fleming: I've never read a Bond book, but I found this at our family cottage a few summers ago and for some reason took it home with me. I'm currently reading Tim Weiner's Legacy of Ashes: A History of the CIA, so it seems fitting to read this book next.
2. Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill, also known as The Book of Negroes: Loads of people have told me it's fantastic, so I'm looking forward to finally picking this up.
3. The Once and Future King by T.H. White: I know so little about the Arthurian legends, and this book has been on my list for ages.
4. Kindred by Octavia E. Butler: Recommended by a friend. I'd never heard of the book before, but it involves time travel, so I'm stoked.
5. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell: Since I loved North and South, this book should be one I will enjoy.
6. The Giver by Lois Lowry: No idea how I missed this as a kid, but I've been hearing a lot about it lately, so I need to finally give it a go.
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: I've been wanting to read this book since last fall. I'm currently #52 (out of 257) on the hold list at the library, so fingers crossed it finally comes in before June!