I've been on a brief hiatus, but am back now linking up again with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. This week we're talking about characters we'd like to have with us on a deserted island. I have limited (read: no) survival skills, so a lot of my choices are people who would keep me from perishing. Here goes:
1. Jean Valjean from Les Misérables, because of his super-human strength.
2. Hermione from the Harry Potter series. Not only is she an amazingly talented witch, but she's level-headed and has survival skills. Maybe she could conjure up one of those expanding tents...
3. Katsa from Graceling. She's gifted with survival.
4. Robinson Crusoe for the experience (though I've never actually read the book).
5. Lauren from The Parable of the Sower. She is tough as nails and knows how to survive in harsh places.
6. Kristy Thomas from the Baby-Sitters Club series. She has big ideas and is a bit bossy. I feel like she'd keep this group of people in line.
7. Marmee from Little Women. She can take care of me and encourage me to be a better person.
8. Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series, to keep Hermione happy and to make us all laugh.
9. Thursday Next from the series by Jasper Fforde. She can go into all the books of the world and keep us entertained.
10. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice to be my friend and give me someone to talk to. Plus I think she'd enjoy the adventure and all the walking.