Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Like to Re-Read

I've been on an unplanned hiatus from blogging lately as school has been super-busy, but this week's Top Ten Tuesday (as always, over at The Broke and the Bookish), was one I liked, so here goes.  We're posting on books we'd like to re-read.  I don't re-read a lot of books because there are so many new ones I'd like to read.  There are a few old favourites that I re-read somewhat regularly (as in, every few years, maybe), such as the Harry Potter series, Pride and Prejudice, and the Anne of Green Gables books, so I won't add those to my list.  Most of the ones on here are books that I read as a teenager and would like to read again from a different perspective. Here are some that I'd like to get around to one of these days:

1.  To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

2.  1984 by George Orwell

3.  The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood:  I re-read a bunch of Atwood last year, but I'd like to do some more.

4.  Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood

5.  The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers

6.  The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje:  I loooooved this book the first time around, but I was pretty young and I think I missed a lot.

7.  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

8.  The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne:  I have strong memories of reading this when I was 14, around the time the awful Demi Moore movie came out.  For some reason, my local library only had the book in large print so I read it on the subway every day lugging this massive brick of a large-print book with me. Unfortunately, I don't remember a lot about the actual plot (besides the obvious).

....And that's all I can think of for now.

2 comments:

  1. Good choices!
    I did not really like The Scarlet Letter when I read it... maybe I should re-read it but I'm just not sure I want to put the effort into it..
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-want-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore, adore, adore The Mark of the Lion series. I love that main character so much! If it wouldn't be so out of place, I'd name a daughter Haddassah after her...that's how much I admire her.

    ReplyDelete