Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Meant to Read in 2014... But Didn't

This week's Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish is about 2014 releases that we meant to read, but didn't. However, if you've been around here for a while, you'll notice that I don't really read based on release year. There are a few writers whom I follow and try to read their work brand new, but for the most part, I don't anticipate books coming out. For this reason, I'm re-jigging the topic a little and writing about books that I meant to read last year, but didn't get around to.

1. The Betrayers by David Bezmozgis: This is one of the few writers whom I do follow. I meant to buy this as soon as it came out, but money was tight as I'd just started school, and I've only just ordered it now. (Yay!) It'll definitely be a 2015 read for me.

2. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas: This has been on my to-read list for almost five years. I even own two copies. *Hangs head in shame*

3. He Knew He Was Right by Anthony Trollope: One of my Classics Club picks. (I chose a list but don't actually blog link, so it's just a personal challenge. I had this ready at the end of the fall and ended up picking up a couple of heavy biographies instead.

4. Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton: Started, but got caught up in something else. It might be a summer read.

5. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp: I've heard this is great and have a copy, so it'll definitely be something I read ASAP.

6. Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler: I read the first book and meant to pick this one up too.

7. Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem by Kevin DeYoung: You know, I have just been too busy to get around to it, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment