This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is about authors that we'd like to meet. This is a bit difficult for me. For starters, a lot of my favourite authors are long dead, and I'm guessing this is more about people I could feasibly meet. As well, I tend to be hesitant about meeting people I admire, because what if they're nothing like I imagine? What if they're jerks? I did my best though, so here are ten living authors that I'd like to meet one day.
1. J.K. Rowling: I can talk Harry Potter until the cows come home.
2. Rainbow Rowell: I'm actually kicking myself because she actually came to town last year and I missed it. Maybe next time...
3. Margaret Atwood: In truth, I've met Atwood twice and have signed copies of The Handmaid's Tale and The Blind Assassin. However, in an ideal world, I'd like to really talk to her about her life and experiences.
4. Donna Tartt: The Secret History was kind of mind-blowing, and I'd like to see how her mind works.
5. David Bezmozgis: Like Atwood, he actually lives in my city, so I always imagine I could run into him at bookish events. I'd like to hear more about his life story.
6. Gillian Flynn: I'm curious as to whether she is as dark in person as her books are!
7. Joseph Boyden: I've been on a Boyden kick lately, and I think he'd have interesting things to say.
8. Alexander McCall Smith: Because he rights the most interesting and hilarious characters.
9. Neil Gaiman: I've only read one of his books, but he seems like the kind of person you want to meet.
10. Ann M. Martin: I did meet her once at a book signing when I was 11, but it would be fun to have a chat with the woman who dreamed up the Baby-Sitters Club and gave me hours upon hours of enjoyment as a preteen!
I'm really interested to see who is on other people's lists!