Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors

Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic (over here, as always) is choosing ten authors whose books we automatically buy when they come out. This was hard for me. In the first place, between the library and my new addiction to Overdrive, I rarely buy books any more. I know, I know. I still love a good book store, but I don't love spending money on books when I can get them for free. My list is more like authors whose books I will automatically try to obtain when I hear a new book is forthcoming. Again, this wasn't easy for me because as you may have noticed, I like a lot of authors who are long-dead, so they will never put out a new book. I think I've managed to figure out a few though.

1. J.K. Rowling: Obviously I would pre-order any new Harry Potter books, but I've also made a point of reading her Cormoran Strike books when they come out.

2. Rainbow Rowell: She is one of the few authors who I do follow to ensure I get her newest as soon as I can.

3. David Bezmozgis: I try to support Canadian authors, and Canadian authors who come from Russia and write about Russian themes are really up my alley.

4. Joseph Boyden: I don't know when he'll have another book since The Orenda is so new, but I'll be watching and reading.

5. Kristin Cashore: I have no idea if she's working on something right now, but if a new book in the Graceling Realm comes out, I'll be first in line.

6. Gillian Flynn: I wouldn't say I love her books, but they certainly are compelling and I'd probably be tempted to read her next one.

7. Robert K. Massie: No one writes historical biographies like he does. Yes, my nerdiness is showing.

1 comment:

  1. I have one of Joseph Orenda's books on my TBR queue (Three Day Road)--looking forward to reading it! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete