I'm a little late, but I can't resist this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic: Ten wishes we'd ask the book genie to grant us. I've basically gone as wildly unrealistic as possible. Here is my list:
1. More time to read. Like create extra hours in the day that are only accessible for reading, not for work or housework or whatever.
2. A VIP line for library holds, or preferential treatment for us frequent users.
3. A cloaking device so that I can laugh or cry to my heart's content while reading on the subway or read in public places without anyone talking to me.
4. Some kind of magic spell so my books to stay open to the right place, without me breaking the spine.
5. Some kind of magic so that big clunky hardcover books are not so heavy and fit easily in my purse.
6. Built in shelves with a sliding ladder, or basically my own library.
7. A beacon so that I can identify people who the same books as me while I'm out and about.
8. All the Harry Potter merch available. Like all of it.
9. To attend a recreation of the Netherfield ball. It could happen, right?
10. To be able to read my favourite books for the first time again and experience everything anew.