1. Zombies: I just don't get why this is appealing.
2. Romance: Books that have a romantic element are fine. I'm a lover of all things Jane Austen after all. Books that are ONLY about romance are not my thing, and most especially the kind in the "romance" section. I do thoroughly enjoy reading some of the titles though, since they never fail to make me laugh.
3. Baseball: My husband loves baseball, so even though I find it kind of boring, I'll watch it. Reading about baseball, however, seems as appealing as watching grass grow.
4. Diet books: Everything in moderation is my motto. Otherwise, I make it a point not to read anything touted as a diet that will change your life/make you lose 100 pounds/etc.
5. 50 Shades + knock-offs: Not my thing at all.
6. Aliens: I grew up with a deep-seated love of Star Trek and Star Wars, but other than that, sci fi books about space or alien invasion don't interest me.
7. Adultery: Okay, I won't say that I'll never read a book about adultery; after all, I consider Anna Karenina one of my all-time favourites. On the other hand, adultery tore my family apart, so I have a hard time with any books or movies that are overly sympathetic to adultery or trying to break up a couple. I couldn't even stomach My Best Friend's Wedding for that reason.
8. Political commentary: Even political campaign ads usually have me yelling at the television and wanting to throw things.
9. New age/crystals/etc: I'm a Christian and I try to stay away from that kind of thing.
10. Drugs: I have a really difficult time reading stories of people destroying their lives with drugs.