Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Crushes

Well, I'm back for another Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is a freebie, so I'm going back to something original done last spring.  In fact, it was reading a post on this subject that initially made me want to join the link-up.  Today I'll be talking about the top 10 characters I would have a crush on if I were also fictional.  This topic was original done in April, 2013.  I'm trying really hard not to make it too similar to my recent post on books that make me swoon, but let's be honest, we all know Mr Darcy will be on this list too!

1.  Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series:  I mean, I refer to my husband as Gilbert on here, so you probably saw that one coming!  Gilbert is so funny and kind.  He waits for *ages* for Anne to clue in that he's the right one.  I love him.

2.  Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice:  I don't think I need to explain this. :-)



3.  Konstantin Levin from Anna Karenina:  He's just so upright and sensitive.  Dang it, Kitty, why couldn't you see that from the start!

4.  Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series:  I love how compassionate he is, as well as smart and helpful.  Plus, in his first appearance he conjures a Patronus, then hands out chocolate.  I like that in a man...

5.  Edward Ferrars from Sense and Sensibility I'm heavily leaning on Hugh Grant's portrayal in the film here.  He's awkward, yet so kind.  I love that he sees how awesome Elinor is rather than getting focusing on Marianne, like everyone else seems to do.

6.  Zeb from Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood and MaddAddam:  He's kind of a bad boy, but also has a good heart and is kind to Ren.  He also has the survival skills to save us both if the waterless flood happens, because I certainly can't....

7.  Daniel Addison from Terry Fallis's The Best Laid Plans and The High Road:  He's funny and clumsy, but also principled and extremely smart.

8.  Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings:  What's to say?  He's Aragorn, after all.

9.  Jake Epping, AKA "George Amberson" from 11/22/63:  Not only is he willing to sacrifice himself for a cause and a good woman, but he's also great on the dance floor.

10.  I couldn't come up with a 10th, so I'll add another Mr Darcy for good measure:


Oh, and I got all the Darcy memes from http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/hey_girl_memes/#.UwzbFl7Y3UR.

1 comment:

  1. Great pick. So many amazing men to crush on... I would definitely crush on Gilbert <3 :) Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete