Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Friday 3 July 2015

Not Today

In mid-July of 2013, Gill and I started our journey to become parents. Without going into too much unnecessary detail, today it became clear that two years have gone by without a pregnancy. I have a myriad of thoughts about this depressing anniversary, which I'll be sharing later on when I've processed things a little more, but today, I am sad. Today, I am grieving. Today, I will let myself feel the heartache that is overwhelming, in hopes that tomorrow I can find that sliver of hope to keep going. If you happen to know me in 'real life', I could use a hug.

2 comments:

  1. I struggled for well over a year to conceive- and we TRIED. As in tried all the things they advise you to do, and then so. I'd love to say "stop trying, stop thinking about it, don't stress, and it will happen" but that is the stupidest thing someone can say to a woman going through this. You deserve a day or two a month to wallow- take it. Be pissed and be sad. But then remember that ten years from now you'll look back and one way or another things will have probably worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts. I am definitely pissed and sad. Given that we have some significant medical hurdles barring us from conceiving, I'm not sure that I can have much confidence that things will ever work out, but it's nice to hear an encouraging word. :)

      Delete