Is it Tuesday already? I can't believe this school year is starting. Labour Day is over and we are on to my fourth and penultimate semester of graduate school. (Well, unless I decide that third time's a charm and I want yet another Master's degree, which I wouldn't rule out, knowing me!) All that to say, it's another Top Ten Tuesday and the topic is Ten Finished Series I Have Yet to Finish. If you know my tastes, you know that I don't get on the bandwagon for a lot of series. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon about the fact that it appears some authors just can't write less than three books on a theme. I have, however, read a few of the big ones like the Hunger Games, Divergent and, of course, Harry Potter, and there are a few series that I have yet to finish.
1. The All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness: I am about to start The Book of Life later this week, so that'll be knocked off my list.
2. The Legend series by Marie Lu: I picked up Legend on a whim at the library, and was suitably hooked that I'll likely finish the set some time this fall.
3. The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry: I've only read The Giver, but it certainly was compelling and I will likely give the others a go, especially since they are so short that I could read the whole series in a few days.
4. The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot: Feel free to laugh at me on this one. Ten years ago, I worked at a large book store, and we were allowed to take books into the staff room to read on our lunch break. I got hooked on these books since they were hilarious and uncomplicated enough to be enjoyed in 10-minute increments. I think I only read the first two, however, and I'm unlikely to read the rest since it seems like there are at least ten.
5. The Little Women books by Louisa May Alcott: I don't even know if this counts as a series, but I did read Little Women and have never read the two sequels, so I'm including it.
That's all I've got. There are so many series that I probably won't get around to reading them all, but I'm really up for recommendations of which ones are worth reading. I would love your suggestions!