Ah, Valentine's Day. So, this one time, I went to see the movie Titanic in theatres with my friend. (Yes, I am that old.) We went out for coffee beforehand, and I thought my friend was next to me, so I leaned and said suggestively, "It's almost Valentine's Day...." Yeah, that wasn't my friend. It was a man. It was very awkward. And that, friends, is my best V-day story.
Anyway, now it *is* almost Valentine's Day, and today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is anything Valentine's related, so I'm doing my favourite couples from literature.
1. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables: Duh.
2. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: You all saw that coming too, didn't you?
3. Constantine Levin and Kitty from Anna Karenina: That would be the *other* lovers from the book, the less depressing ones. I adore this couple. Their engagement is the cutest thing ever.
4. Margaret Hale and Mr Thornton from North and South: This is one of my favourite books and I love this couple. It's like Pride and Prejudice, but with some politics and the Industrial Revolution mixed in. Margaret Hale is so feisty.
5. Henry and Clare de Tamble from The Time Traveler's Wife: Swoon!
6. Maud Bailey and Roland Mitchell from Possession: Two academic nerds who fall in love while solving a literary mystery. Be still my heart!
7. Anne Eliot and Captain Wentworth in Persuasion: I love this happily-ever-after moment.
8. Lou and Will from Me Before You: Pardon me while I bawl my eyes out, but this love story is so tragic and beautiful.
9. Eleanor and Park from Eleanor and Park: A modern-day Romeo and Juliet. I loved their quirky romance.
10. Alana and Marko from the Saga series of graphic novels: They both have such strong personalities, and they go through so much to stay together.
Happy Valentine's Day!