Today's TTT topic is "Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read for the First Time in 2016". Pretty self-explanatory. Here's my list!
1. Elena Ferrante: I've been making my way through the Neapolitan novels. One book left, and that's on deck for me when I finish my current read.
2. Kristin Hannah: I loved The Nightingale. So good!
3. S.E. Hinton: I finally read The Outsiders when I found myself with hours to kill and no book while waiting for my car to be repaired, and to my surprise, I utterly loved it.
4. Dan Simmons: I had Drood on my list forever, but finally made my way to it in the spring. I'll definitely be reading more of his books.
5. Geraldine Brooks: People of the Book was a really intriguing concept. I definitely want to read a few more of her books, especially March.
6. Carlos Ruiz Zafon: I read The Shadow of the Wind while on holiday in Barcelona, and it was one of the best books I read all year.
7. Libba Bray: I finally started the Diviners series, and boy am I hooked. I can't wait for the third book to come out!
8. Becky Albertalli: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda made me laugh and cry.
9. Markus Zusak: How did I wait so long to read The Book Thief?
10. ShayaLonnie: Okay, so this year I discovered FanFic and got obsessed. ShayaLonnie is one of my favourites.
Now it's your turn, readers! What new authors captivated you this year?