Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2017

Another Tuesday, another link-up. This week's topic deals with books we're looking forward to in the first half of 2017. I'm not sure if that is specifically looking at new books or just books we're looking forward to reading, so I'll do a little bit of both.

Books anticipated in early 2017:
1. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han: I just love this series so much. The characters are adorable.

2. Warcross by Marie Lu: To be honest, I just found this book as I was looking up books coming out in 2017, but it sounds like a fascinating concept!

3. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli: I need this!

4. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman: I am new(ish) on the Gaiman train, but this looks fantastic.

5. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden: Woohoo, more Russian themes!

Books I plan to read in 2017 that have already been released:
6. One Night in Winter by Simon Montefiore: This has been on my list for a while and oh, hey, it's another Russian theme.

7. The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende: While have long intended to read some Allende, I recently read a book about travels in South America, and the section on Chile made me bunk this modern classic up my list.

8. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt: I might as well jump on the bandwagon!

9. Avalanche by Julia Leigh: I've heard this is a gritty, real take on a failed IVF experience, and I'm really interested to read it.

10. Living the Life Unexpected: 12 Weeks To Your Plan B For A Meaningful And Fulfilling Future Without Children by Jody Day: Sounds cheerful, eh? I'm really trying to wrap my head around the hand we've been dealt. I'm not okay with it, and I'm not sure I ever will be, but I'm trying to find a sliver of a silver lining, and hopefully this book will help.

1 comment:

  1. THE UPSIDE OF UNREQUITED and THE BEAR AND THE NIGHTINGALE both sound really good. I've seen both on a number of lists today. I hope they both live up to the hype.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete