Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Friday 24 February 2012

Life Update

After a lot of “heavier" posts lately, I thought it might be a good time for another update on what Gil and I have been up to lately. Here is the low-down:

Our House: We take possession of our new house on February 29! I can hardly believe that after so much time searching, this is finally happening! We won't move in right away though, as there is some work needed and we will get that done first. I have been pretty busy this week trying to set up utilities, insurance, etc. I have a rough estimate that I've spoken with my new best friend Irene at the insurance company EIGHT TIMES in the past 10 days. I have also spoken with my mom twice, and for much less time... At any rate, I'm super-excited about the house!

Work: I'm still not working, but I continue to look for positions. It's probably been for the best that I'm at home during all this house stuff, because it does take up a lot of time. Gil continues to work long days, which I'm still getting used to.

Getaways: We were off in Collingwood a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't really a getaway, because Gil attended and taught at a medical conference. I got a the chance to get my winter groove on and spent one morning snow shoeing (soooo fun!) and another morning ice skating. Even though it was -18º, I really enjoyed my first real winter experience this year.





Running: My mom, younger brother, and I signed up to do a 10km run on Mother's Day. My first post-Christmas run was cut short when I tripped after about 1km and had to go back because my hands were scratched and bleeding. My knee ended up with possibly the worst bruise of my life! Today I forced myself out again despite freezing rain, and am hoping that I'll get in at least a couple of runs a week until the race. I'm looking forward to the training, because spring running is amazing: Not too cold, and I love watching the greenery start to grow.

Summer Vacation: We're starting to plan our summer vacation. We plan on going away for a week or two in June. More on that later...

Smash: Is anyone else watching this show? I kind of love it.... (This is what happens when Gil works long days and CTV makes all their shows available online.) After years at band camp, I'm still a sucker for musicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment